Thursday 2 November 2006

3d 3hrs 46m 21s

The trainers are packed. I have warm gear, wet gear, shorts, trackies, sweaters, silver-lined socks, hats, gloves, 2 litres of Lucosade and half a kilo of pasta - what more could a girl want? Forget elegant eveningwear - this trip is all about the comfiest, warmest clothing I can get my hands on.

Those of you who've been around me recently will know that running hasn't been at the forefront of my mind these last few weeks. This trip has creeped eerily upon me and I don't feel psyched at all. Fingers crossed the nerves will kick in on Sunday!

I am pleased to say that I've patched things up with my dad. Three days in Jersey last week was one of my better decisions in life. Facing dad made things far easier to deal with. Better than sat in my room stewing over events a few hundred miles away for sure!

Unfortunately, as most of you know, my dad was diagnosed with cancer this week. Thankfully the prognosis is excellent so we can just keep our fingers crossed that after a few months of upset things will get back to normal. Running for Cancer Research UK is now all the more poignant. It'll be tough and i'll have to focus on not getting upset when I see people with 'in memory of' t-shirts run past - it's always at the back of your mind despite a great prognosis!

Well here's to what I hope will be a good weekend. Cheers guys (you know who you are) for all your support these last few weeks - you've been great!

P.S. For anyone who hasn't quite got round to sponsoring me it's not too late : http://www.justgiving.com/nyjellylegs

No comments:

Post a Comment