Sunday 17 December 2006

My Mecca - Boots!

Hi all. It's 4pm and i'm in the sparkly new Bangkok airport.

Journey went well - I was very impressed with the leg room on Thai airways...and the food. I was sat next to a couple called Liz and Rob - they were about my parents' age and were travelling to Bangkok to grab a cruise around the coast to China and Hong Kong. Dead friendly and well travelled peeps!

I've blanked out the two hour wait to check in and go through security at Heathrow and the bitter disappointment at discovering that Terminal Two departures lounge only caters for the rich and famous, which scuppered my plans to purchase a much needed bikini. Managed to bore a woman in the sunglasses shop for about an hour though, whilst she tried to find me a pair that didn't make me look like a wonky android (my ears are definitly wonky Vix!!)Found a pair in the end!

Managed a short amount of Nitol-induced sleep on the plane and arrived in Bangkok 11 hours later feeling rather like the back end of a mangey dog. I'm here until midnight for the second 11 hour leg of my journey (is the world really that big??).Had a wander around the shops - they're as useful as those in terminal two - and was getting desperate at the prospect of not finding toothpaste when, out of nowhere, I see the glorious sign of Boots. I've never been so happy to see Boots! After brushing my teeth and changing clothes I now feel like the better half of said mangey dog!

Going to finish this blog and find somewhere to fester with my new found Bible - The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Saw an interview with Dawkins about his book and it sounded like just my cup of tea - i know my brother has read it too. It is the Bible for atheists and it is the first book i've read about religion that actually makes sense. As Dawkins quite rightly says we should be proud to be atheists. It is the first time i have read something that fits my beliefs and it's quite comforting to know that I am not alone in my view of the world!

Anyhoo, going to have to head off to find food and coffee. More news when I get to Brisbane.

No comments:

Post a Comment